It has been a crazy, insane week around here, but isn’t that just par for the course? It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, but let’s get back to business. I like the idea of piling up all my loose thoughts into baskets and tidying up before letting loose Friday night. (You all know how I go buckwild crazy on Friday nights.)
1. We were supposed to interview a babysitter last night for a couples’ baby shower this weekend. (The Care.now process is very efficient and responsive, but I’m looking forward to not having applications coming in a mile a minute.) The babysitter never showed, though. Apparently there was an ER visit, but if you were interviewing later, wouldn’t you think to text someone and say there’s a possibility you might be late? She’s offering to swing by tonight to try to salvage the gig, but I don’t know…
2. I’m going to give this Get Litsy thing a whirl. It’s my reward for making it through the day.
3. After I spent all of last week worrying over how to approach Bee’s SQUIRREL! attention span and how it pertains to school, the kid came home with mostly As and a few Bs. Yes, it’s review work right now, but I’m pretty dang proud of her. And laughing at how the universe constantly seems to be chuckling at me.
4. I am ready for some Fall weather. I want boots and jeans and scarves and long sleeve cotton shirts. And also soups and quesadillas, stews and roasts. Football and 90° weather do not mix.
5. One of my dearest friends is going through a tough time right now. And all I want to do is be there for her. Somebody move Michigan closer to Tejas, please. And while you’re working on that, I’ll be baking and curating a care package, for that is what I do when I worry. Sending love northward, in the meantime.
Have a good weekend, you guys. Have fun and be kind to each other…