I’m still trying to figure out how we blew through all of March already. I mean – really?! Granted, one of those weeks was Spring Break, and so spending an entire week in pajamas and goofing off really helped.
I did manage to stuff an awful lot of reading in there, too! (See earlier comment about an entire week off.) You guys, my total for March was 29 books. 29 books!! I think that’s a personal record! Woohoo for PRs! But did I manage to borrow or cull from my overstuffed shelf of books to be read?… Let’s see!
1. The Book of Lost Things, by Cynthia Voigt – Own. One of the books from two Christmases ago.
2. Girl at War, by Sara Novic – Own. One of the books I splurged on with my B&N gift card at Christmas.
3. Act of God, by Jill Ciment – Library ebook.
4. The Good Goodbye, by Cara Buckley – Library ebook.
5. Come As You Are, by Emily Nagosky – Library ebook, but I’m gonna buy it at some point just to have it to lend out!
6. Loteria, by Mario Alberto Zambrano – Library ebook.
7. A Spool of Blue Thread, by Anne Tyler – Library ebook.
8. Avenue of Mysteries, by John Irving – Library ebook.
9. Harriet Wolf’s Seventh Book of Wonders, by Juliana Baggott – Library hardcover.
10. Descent, by Tim Johnston – Library ebook
11. Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist, by Sunil Yapa – Library ebook.
12. Fates and Furies, by Lauren Groff – Library ebook.
13. Ban en Banelieue, by Bhanu Kapil– Library ebook.
14. In Other Words, by Jhumpa Lahiri – Library hardcover.
15. Savvy, by Ingrid Law – Borrowed from Corrie.
16. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, by Stephen King – Owned.
17. H is for Hawk, by Helen Macdonald – Library ebook. But I will buy and highlight the hell outta this one.
18. We Are the Ants, by Shaun David Hutchinson – Received in YA Quarterly Box.
19. The Little Friend, by Donna Tartt – Owned, and it’s one of the books that was lingering since two Christmases ago. Double points!
20. Bright Lines, by Tanwi Nandini Islam – Received in a Quarterly Box.
21. Cutting Teeth, by Julia Fierro – Library ebook.
22. The Rest of Us Just Live Here, by Patrick Ness – Library hardcover.
23. Underwater, by Marisa Reichardt – I bought it. In hardcover even! You guys, I broke down and broke the rules after we went to B&N after a very challenging weekend with the 5-year-old. Sigh.
24. Woman with a Secret, by Sophie Hannah – Library hardcover.
25. The Edge of Normal, by Carla Norton – Library ebook.
26. The Famished Road, by Ben Okri – Library ebook.
27. The Story of my Teeth, by Valeria Luiselli – Library hardcover.
28. Goodbye Stranger, by Rebecca Stead – Library hardcover.
29. My Name is Lucy Barton, by Elizabeth Strout – Library hardcover.
So there you have it! I did much better than I thought I did. I only bought one book, um, even if it was a hardcover. And I read two books from that dastardly pile from two years ago that keeps gnawing at my conscience. Just a few more to go. Unfortunately, one is The Executioner’s Song by Norman Mailer, and it’s only a billion pages long. Yay me?