Good lord – is it Friday already? Or do I want to kiss Friday on the mouth and ask where the heck it’s been? One of the two for sure. Either way, I am really, really glad to at least be in comfy clothes today. Even if it’s as insane day, at least I will be comfortable! (Let’s see how long that mantra lasts…) Okay, here we go:
1. Gracie did, indeed, love her OwlCrate. Pictures were snapped, squeals echoed, and items littered first the table and then her room. A full rundown is coming.
2. The Tournament of Book shortlist is here! I’ve only read three of the 18 – Paul Beatty’s The Sellout, Anthony Marra’s The Tsar of Love and Techno, and Hanya Yanagihara’s A Little Life. I’m pretty hesitant to read most of the others – I hadn’t even heard of most of them – but I hadn’t heard of Jeff Vandermeer’s Southern Reach trilogy last year either, and I loved the stuffing out of that. So I’m just gonna pinch my nose, pick a book, and jump in.
3. I had a really good run of music on the drive in this morning, and that makes so much difference setting the mood of the day. I listed to a bit of my Boston mix, and then put on a mix Rhi had made me before one of the Pats’ big showdowns. The Jets game maybe? Or the first Denver game? Either way, it was an epic singalong – the kind people stare at while sitting next to you at a stoplight. Heh.
4. There is a red dress run in New Orleans in August and Corrie asked me if I wanted to sign up. That would be epic!! I’m thinking of doing it. Like, for real. I could totally train in 7 months!
5. So. This game. This game is going to cause a breakup, I just know it. Either Jeff or I are going to have our hearts ripped out, broken, and smashed on the floor. And I know myself – I am not the bigger person. I will sob actual tears. I cannot lose. I cannot face everyone having lost. So I really, really, really hope that my team wins. Though I am not confident.
There you have it folks. That’s what rattling around my brain this week. Hopefully I will be here on Monday to feed you some more. Go Pats!