I am feeling rather odd this morning. I think it’s called…relaxed. It was a good, good weekend.
- I picked up my new glasses on Thursday afternoon. I’ve almost gotten used to the hundreds and hundreds of new things I see reflected in them and havealmoststopped startling 10,000 times a day because I think something is sneaking up on my periphery.
- I ran for a mile and a half Thursday night. Nothing clears the stress away from a long week like a good run. After that, I was all Bring It On: Weekend Edition. No work stress for me – I left it all on the treadmill. (And boy was that thing soggy.)
- I went shopping with Jo and picked up two new shirts, a hoodie, a necklace, and three pairs of earrings – for $100 and $30 cash rewards. I also walked out of Charming Charlies without a single purchase. I am the master.
- We went to see Hunger Games and while it wasn’t a waste of money, I sat there slack-jawed wondering how in the world everyone could say it was a good adaptation. It was like watching a Cliff Notes version where they get some of the salient details wrong. And since I could read the book in just 20 minutes longer than it took to watch the movie, I’ll take the book and all its extra details every time, please. Plus, it totally threw me every time I heard the “new” Mr. Bennett being all evil. Extra creeeepy, baby.
- I accomplished every single item on my To Do list, including clearing the kitchen counters of all their clutter, and finished in time to spend Saturday afternoon outside in my lounge chair, where I finished a good book. Reading an entire book outdoors, when it’s 81° with just enough of a breeze to keep you from boiling over? Relaxation itself. I think that scrubbed away weeks’ worth of stress residue. So what if I happened to burn a bit on my arms and chest (and maybe more than a lil bit on my legs). If I happen to peel, we’ll consider it a bonus.
- Yesterday I managed to squeeze in a two-mile run after sleeping in until the whopping hour of 9:30 a.m. I haven’t slept that late in years! Even better: I accidentally timed my run so I got back just before a wicked line of thunderstorms and flooding rains moved through. The skies didn’t look stormy while I was out, although it was overcast. But as I turned the shower off, I started hearing the thunder roll in, one after the other. We even lost electricity for a few minutes! There’s no way I would have gone out if I knew storms were that close, so it’s like I got an extra two-miles in. Yay me!
And that is how it came to be Monday morning and I arrived completely at work stress-free (if still a bit exhausted, but I think that’s a permanent condition). I don’t think the stress-free part will last very long, but that’s okay. I brought Cadbury Mini-Eggs.